Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 October 2011

what plans YOUR social life?

Recent class discussions have been about social media, and how it affects the lives of young people today. How will you decide what you are going to do over the weekend? What decides what you do, and who you do it with?
I would say that most of us can agree that we use various forms of social media to decide what we do with our leisure time. I personally hear about a lot of events and things going on from friends on Facebook which then makes me think about it and want to attend. I often don't hear about things on the radio or by other websites. So when things are published on social media sites, I hear about them more quickly! Even music groups today are putting all of their tour dates on Facebook as events which connects a huge amount of people to that event. Even if you have not 'liked' a page, that event will still come up on your page if a friend clicks 'attending' or 'not attending' on it. This create a huge connection between otherwise unconnected people.
I will especially be more motivated to attend something when I see that a friend has decided to go as well. Knowing who you are trying to reach is very important when deciding how to market events, different people means different methods!
So, what about you? How will you decide what to do this weekend?

fh

No comments:

Post a Comment