Total Pageviews

Friday 23 March 2012

Week One!

Hello again everyone!
I am at the end of my first week and it has been great so far! Everyone at the office is awesome and I have been able to sit and chat with everyone to learn more about their job and what they do! It is interesting that with my background and the Rec & Leisure course I would have the knowledge to fall into several of the positions! They all kind of blend together, which does seem to happen in the world of non profits. I am going to be mainly working with the event coordinator on a few events that she has going. The first week has been pretty slow, but busyness ahead!
I have learned a lot about the wishes they have granted and my favourite one is granting a little girl the wish to meet a princess.. She was able to meet William and Kate when they toured Canada, and it is so special! You can read the story here!
While you are all in Ontario enjoying the sun and getting a nice tan, I'm pretty chilly out here. We had snow yesterday! Which then promptly melted in the afternoon when it got warmer! Typical Alberta weather!



I spent the last few days trying to figure out the bus, with a few bumps I think I finally got it!
I am hopefully going skiing on the weekend with my relatives so hopefully I'll get some pictures from that!
I'll leave with a picture of the Calgary tower/skyline :)


Faythe

2 comments:

  1. So I just read the Kate and Diamond wish story and my eyes filled up with tears. That is so inspiring and your heart for working with this Foundation is also inspiring, Faythe.
    Stay safe - we miss you!
    Hailey xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been my favourite story, and it is so amazing! There is a photo book that the family made here in the office and it is even more amazing!
    Thanks for the love :)

    Faythe

    ReplyDelete